Welcome to the direct descendant of Dragon's Lair Webzine:
Issue 8, Volume 1
Issue 9 will be online October 1st. (or thereabouts)
You are vistor number
Since January 27th 1997
Welcome back for our 8th issue! This one is nearly on time,
and things are
almost back to normal. This is a larger issue than last month. (There
were lots more submissions, keep 'em coming, folks!) I'd dearly love to
have huge issues every month! But, no matter how many stories there are
in an issue, rest assured that they are all good ones!
In this issue there are new writers, new chapters in our
stories, new continued stories begun, updates on our reports, our
letter column, and a new cartoon.
Please visit our letter column and drop us a note. Our
writers like to
read the Lettercol to look for words of encouragement. Not many of you
readers have the time to send e-mail to the writers whose stories you
especially enjoyed. Well, that's why our Assistant Editor worked up the
Letter Column Page, so folks can let everyone know what kind of job
they're doing. Its helped me to realize that I need to do a better job
proofreading, something that I did this issue. I may not have caught
every mistake, but I caught more of 'em!
I'd like to thank those of you who have sent e-mails for your
Keep those e-mails coming, folks! Without those messages we will never
know what we need to improve upon. Hope you like the improvements so
We had 564 Readers visit Aphelion in August! Thank you! Please
back for each new issue as it goes online.
Also, there are links to back issues of Aphelion at the
bottom of this page.
You can still see everything that has appeared in the Zine so far.
I have an e-mail address for submissions, click
here to submit a story or just read the submission guidlines.
For now I hope everyone will bear with me while I get the Zine on it's
feet. Some folks have asked about submitting Poetry: While we do not
publish poetry ourselves, there is someone for the poets to turn to- The
Writer's Club, a poetry Webzine run by one of our friends
from the DALnet IRC Chat network. Visit #the_WritersClub on DALnet and
check out the Writer's Club Webpage if you are poetically inclined.
I have been informed that our parent Webzine is back into
Lair Webzine is back! Way to go, Roger! I knew you couldn't stay away
for very long. The URL is: Dragon's
Lair Webzine: http://www.jaguNET.com/~rbennett/DragonsLair/dragon.htm
And now, I'll shut up and let you get to reading. Thanks again
visiting. Enjoy yourselves!
If you miss the wavefile that played automatically at the
start of our
previous issues click here to
hear it now.
- Senior Editor, Contributing Writer: Dan L. Hollifield
- Editor Emeritus, Contributing Writer: Roger Bennett
- Assistant Editor, Columnist: Robert Wynne
- Babylon 5 Reporter: Denise Chochrek
- SFTV Schedule Reporter: Lee Whiteside
- Contributing Writer: Cris Lawrence
- Contributing Writer: D.K. Smith
- Contributing Writer: Richie Adams
- Contributing Writer: A. Diallo Jackson
- Contributing Writer: R.J. Steen
- Contributing Writer: Joe Gensweider
- Contributing Writer: Brian Gallucci
- Contributing Writer: Chad Cottle
- Contributing Writer: Dennis Tallent
- Contributing Writer: Allen Woods
- Contributing Writer: Larry W. Van Guilder
- Contributing Writer: Scott Reeves
- Contributing Writer: K.A. Schure
- Contributing Writer: Vasilis Adams A.
- Contributing Writer: Allen Muenzler
- Contributing Writer: W. Fraser Sandercombe
- Contributing Writer: Liz Bass
Links page:Click here to
Submissions Guidlines Page :Click
here to see the Submissions Guidelines Page.
copyright 1997 by Dan L. Hollifield
Thanks Where the name "Aphelion" came from and other info.
For a time we will have back issues available for you to
These will be removed when space on the server gets to be too small.
Thanks for your readership for without you, nothing we do has any
You can e-mail the
Editor by clicking here.
to the Mare
Writer's Club, a creative writing website.
Lair Webzine Our illustrious ancestor webzine, now back
online after far too long!
to vote for this page as a Starting Point Hot Site.