Over all

Tell us what you thought about the December & January Issues!

Moderator: Editors

Master Critic

Post December 26, 2018, 02:36:45 PM

Over all

I haven't commented in a while, as in a few years other work etc., etc. Butt 6 or 7 responses to all this work? Really? Come on folks there are a few more reader than the writers here. Read some of this stuff. Even bad comments are comments. We're not attempting to communicate out of a black hole. We're in one that's expanding and accelerating. Talk now before we're all ripped apart as this universe expands exponentially or if the idiots in the missile silos and White House decide to follow the Idiot In Chief.

Master Critic

Post December 26, 2018, 09:15:38 PM

Re: Over all

The black hole was just that...An immense black hole that sprang out of no where. Entire galaxies were shredded by the immense gravitational field. Andromeda, Milky Way, Earth...

A few writers and readers on the Aphelion website tried to sound the alarm but alas, to no avail.

There was much lamenting and rending of clothe. Soon, there would be nothing left to write, read, or comment on. The end was nigh, (or near, or soon, or... or... something)

Anyway, soon there would be no more poetry submissions as Iian would soon be sucked through a straw. Lesters body would merge with his cats and be torn apart. Lipinski was last seen sucking his thumb in his safe place as his pen was ripped from his chubby hands...

It was horror and only a few seconds left before people could chime in and post comments on the latest two-month-issue of Aphelion. So, if you're alive and still not sucked through a straw by the pending immense gravitational force, or if you're one of those spirits that float around and scare the heck out of people by floating through the air and going, "BOO!" Comment before there is nothing left!

But all is not lost. That stupid writers parasite was finally sucked away into the large cosmic vacuum cleaner... it's last words were, "I love cheeeeeeeeeeeese!"

Master Critic

Post December 27, 2018, 06:50:29 AM

I like cheese, not all cheese, just some. I't's 5:30 AM, my cat woke me up out of a dream where I was late for an interview working in some sort of PR spot for a listener sponsored radio that was working with a local politically correct school administration. Maybe it was a nightmare. Over all, I am not a good employee type.

I'm going to throw myself on the mats and work out feed the cat and shower. Then who knows, maybe I'll get hold of the same drugs LUCY the drug mule had, and discorporate without all the gun play.

Long Fiction Editor

Post December 27, 2018, 12:10:30 PM

Wow. Everybody wants to complain about nobody commenting, but nobody wants to comment. :roll: Except Lipinski and one or two others who comment and don't complain--and except the flock of others who neither complain nor comment--including me, usually ...

C'mon, black hole, I'm ready for ya. :lol:

Really, Rick! Puts yer money where yer mouf is! NOBODY comments on the Long Fiction, maybe you could start there. I know you've read at least one of the stories in there, HAHA.
I was raised by humans. What's your excuse?

Master Critic

Post December 27, 2018, 12:21:16 PM

Yeah you're correct on some of that. I read most of the poetry. I have Not read the story sections at all. I will begin that shortly.

Senior Editor

Post December 29, 2018, 06:31:18 PM

Y'all do know that there's a "secret" Mare Inebrium story about the end of the universe, right? I wrote it years ago and decided it would be my last, posthumous gift to the fans. My Literary Executor will be told how to find it and release it to the world once I'm gone. So, you'll just have to wait.

At the moment, I'm trying to write Tom Darby and D-Day out of the corner I wrote them into...

Dan
"Extremely difficult- Virtually impossible- However, it should only take me ten minutes or so..."
Brice Linch - Max Headroom

Return to December 2018-January 2019